On June 2nd, 2023
, the Science & Technology Angels Network (STAN)
organized its 13th pitching session, bringing STAN angels and startups together to turn their ideas into reality or expand their current products by utilizing additional resources and guidance.
In this instance, a total of 22 eligible startups submitted their applications for the STAN pitching session, indicating the tough competition right from the beginning. To address this, the STAN team conducted a pre-selection contest, where 13 strong startups were chosen to present their pitches to a committee comprised of STAN Angels Rem Darbinyan and Vahan Vardanyan, along with Haykaz Aramyan, Suzanna Shamakhyan, and Ruben Osipyan. The committee evaluated the presentations, team strength, scalability, growth potential, and other relevant factors to make the final decisions. STAN prioritizes supporting startups involved in science and technology innovation, particularly those focused on AI as a platform technology or integrating technology into different industries.
8 startups were chosen for the main pitch:
- Stylebit - acts as a middle ground between engineering and design, centralized design system, and distributes it to code bases, design tools, and/or supplies marketing with needed design assets.
- Allclean - a marketplace for home cleaning services. Homeowners get instantly calculated offers from multiple cleaning companies, compare them with price and rating criteria, and book.
- Cosmo Kids - a platform that discovers each child's unique talents through personalized, play-based learning experiences.
- GembaPro - an interactive training software for equipment operators in heavy industries.
- Hexact - workflow automation system that saves up to 30% of the team's time and lets them focus on winning the day.
- Beed.pro - procurement AI-Assistant for accelerating buying decisions of corporate entities and achieving maximum save.
- Conjure - the world's first patented store-hailing platform where you can summon an autonomous store in as little as two minutes and shop checkout-free for ice cream, snacks, and food right at your doorstep.
- Corpora - an AI-powered legal dashboard for early-stage startups to get legal done from formation to Series B.
Following the pitching session, the STAN team organized follow-up meetings between the startups and the angels interested in investing in their venture
In the previous pitching session, STAN Angels invested over $65K in 2 startups. STAN facilitates Armenian startups in obtaining risk capital and strategic guidance that propels them forward in their startup journey, enabling them to advance to the next stage.